Personal Data Protection Policy
1. Godwin Campos LLC recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal data, and therefore undertakes to
fully implement and comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the”Act”).
2. Our Personal Data Protection Policy set out here explains the procedures and systems we have put in place to
comply with the Act (this “Policy”). For the purpose of this Policy, ‘client’ includes any prospective
3. Your engagement or continued engagement of our services shall be deemed as your knowledge and consent to the
provisions of this Policy.
4. The Act imposes restrictions on our actions in processing personal data. “Processing” includes any recording,
holding, organisation, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, combination, transmission, erasure, or destruction of
personal data carried out by us. Other definitions included in the Act may be found online at
Data Protection Officer
5. We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (the “DPO”) to deal with day-to-day data protection matters and
complaints, and to encourage good data handling practices within the company. If you have questions or concerns,
please contact our DPO, Ms Kathy Gomez, at:
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone no: +65 6535 1306
What is Personal Data?
6. Personal data is data about an individual which can be used, on its own or with other information to which we
have or are likely to have access, to identify the individual. Personal data does not include an individual’s
business contact information, business title, or information about an individual which is publicly available. For
the purposes of the provision of our services, personal data collected by us would generally include without
limitation a client’s and/or client representative’s name, address, telephone number, personal email address,
identification numbers or details, photographs or video, financial and tax information, and bank account numbers.
What kind of personal data will be collected?
7. The personal data that we may collect about you includes, but is not limited to:
- Personal information, such as your name, data of birth, gender, CPF number, NRIC/passport/identification
numbers, marital status;
- Personal contact details, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, and fax numbers;
- Billing and banking information; and
- An individual’s criminal record history and any proceedings or sentences imposed for any offence committed
or alleged to be committed by the individual.
Why do we collect personal data?
8. We receive or collect your personal data for reasonable purposes in carrying out our role as a legal services
provider. These purposes include:
- The provision of legal services, advice and representation;
- Communication with clients and other parties;
- Security purposes;
- Compliance with all legal, regulatory, and tax requirements;
- Disclosure to third parties for the reasons outlined at paragraph 10 below.
9. We undertake not to use your personal data for any purpose other than for which it was collected or in
accordance with the Act. Should we require any personal data in our possession to be used for a purpose other than
those for which consent was originally given, fresh consent will be sought in order to use the data for that new
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
10. In the course of processing personal data for the above purposes, we may disclose individuals’ personal data
to third parties within or outside Singapore. This includes:
- Governmental organisations or authorities to whom we are required by law to disclose the data, e.g., for tax
- Third parties who provide us with data processing, administration, health, insurance, or legal services, or
other professional or management services; and
- Anyone to whom we are otherwise required to disclose it to, including but not limited to individuals seeking
access to their own personal data.
11. Such disclosure to third parties outside Singapore shall only be to organisations which are required or agree
to process the data with a comparable level of data protection as that required under Singapore law.
Access and Correction
12. Subject to statutory exceptions, you may make written requests to our DPO to access or correct some or all of
your personal data in our possession or under our control. You may also make a written request to our DPO for
information on the ways in which your personal data has been used or disclosed by us within 12 months prior to
your request. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, or wish to access or correct your personal data,
please contact our DPO.
13. We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal data in our possession is accurate,
up-to-date, and complete. If any personal data you have provided to us becomes inaccurate, please contact our DPO
to update your data.
14. We may charge a reasonable fee in order to process any requests for access to information. Please note that
certain types of information are exempt from the general right of access and may not be disclosed.
15. We will retain personal data for as long as it is necessary to serve the purpose for which it has been
collected, and/or to comply with legal requirements.
16. We endeavour to maintain all personal data in our possession securely. To this effect, we have put in place
systems to ensure the protection and security of data in our possession.
17. If you feel that your data has been erroneously or improperly handled by us, you may lodge a complaint with
18. The results of our DPO’s investigation will be communicated to you. If the complaint has been upheld, you will
be informed of the next steps to be taken to resolve the situation.
Withdrawal of Consent
19. You may withdraw your consent for the processing of your data by us. However, in some cases, consent to the
processing of data may not be withdrawn, such as where it is necessary for the administration of our relationship
with our clients.
Updating this Policy
20. This Policy may be updated from time to time to take account of changes in technology, our practice or policy,
and/or to ensure compliance with any legislative changes. This Policy may be viewed at any time on our website